Summer 2020 Ecuador Volunteer Scholarship
The scholarship program includes the following:
- Accommodation with a host family including three meals per day
- Housing security deposit
- Volunteer project in child or elderly welfare or environmental conservation fields
- 1 week (20 hours) of private Spanish lessons
- Personal advisor in Ecuador who follows your progress
- Orientation session upon arrival
- A coordinator who accompanies you to your volunteer site on the first visit
- 24-hour emergency assistance in Quito
- Activities offered at Simon Bolivar Spanish School including Salsa and cooking lessons
- Project donation
- Program fees to cover operating costs of Ecuador program
- Roundtrip airport transfer in Quito
- Travel insurance to supplement participant’s current personal medical insurance policy
- Application submission window is January 1-March 27, 2020
- 18 years or older
- Intermediate Spanish abilities or higher
- Available to travel for 2-4 weeks during May-December 2020
- Able to write a blog with photos while in Ecuador at least 3 times per week and complete a post-program evaluation
- Available for a Skype interview spring 2020
- Spirit Cultural Exchange employees and their immediate family members are not eligible
Selected scholarship winner will cover round-trip flights to Ecuador and any domestic flights in the US or Ecuador.
Submit blog entries with photos while in Ecuador at least 3 times per week and complete a post-program evaluation
How to apply
Email your resume and a 300-500 word essay that answers the following questions to Chelsea Scarnegie at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
- What are your reasons for pursuing this volunteer experience?
- How will this experience enhance your future personal or professional development?
Deadline for submission: March 27th, 2020