Annual Program Fee: $1490 per year
Optional Premium Placement Fee: $1,500
(One-time fee for Host School Placement. Fee is waived for participants who identify their own Host School without Spirit assistance)
Some Host Schools may cover some program and placement fees as part of their teacher compensation package.
Included in Spirit’s Premium Placement Option (Annual Program Fee + Premium Placement Fee):
(Placement as a temporary exchange teacher at a qualified Host School in the United States teaching a minimum of 32 hours a week during the academic school year for up to 3 years)
- Regulatory compliant medical insurance for the first 90 days of the program and regulatory compliant repatriation and medical evacuation coverage from arrival to departure.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that they are covered by regulatory compliant medical insurance from arrival in the USA to departure. Insurance plans offered by Host Schools vary in price and coverage. Contact your Host School directly to review available insurance plans. Spirit offers J-1 regulatory compliant medical insurance coverage to those participants who opt not to participate in Host School provided plans.
- Development or review of Teacher Program Offer in cooperation with the Host School ensuring that it meets with program regulations
- DS-2019 to support the application for a J-1 Teacher visa
- 24-hour support from Spirit’s experienced staff
- Program application processing, screening, and vetting to ensure regulatory compliance
- Skype interviews to screen applicant for qualifications
- Orientation materials on a variety of important topics
- Assistance in identifying and arranging cultural activities
- Monthly Check-Ins with Spirit to ensure successful program
- Mentor assigned at Host School who will provide guidance on settling in, community, professional development support and cultural activities
- Supervisor assigned at Host School who will provide general on-site monitoring
- Travel validation after arrival for DS-2019 form
Included in Spirit’s Independent Placement Option:
(Annual Program Fee Only):
- Includes all of the above EXCEPT Host School placement. The Host School offer provided to Spirit will be reviewed to ensure regulatory compliance.
Not included in either program option:
- SEVIS or visa application fees, airport transfers, international airfare, domestic transportation in the US, daily public transportation to and from the Host School, housing fees & deposits, meals or spending money, or regulatory required medical insurance after 90 days.
If participants choose to work with a domestic placement agency or Spirit international recruiting partner, they should confirm directly about their additional fees, and what services each fee covers.