The following program fees are due only after a participant accepts an offer from a Host School. Program fees are due in full prior to the release of the DS-2019 form in support of the J-1 Visa. Some Host Schools may cover some program and placement fees as part of their teacher compensation package.
Annual Program Fee: $1490 per year
Regulatory Compliant Insurance (required): $60/month
Optional Premium Placement Fee: $1,500
One-time fee for Host School Placement. Fee is waived for participants who identify their own Host School without Spirit assistance
Included in Spirit’s Premium Placement Option
(Annual Program Fee + Premium Placement Fee + Regulatory Compliant Insurance):
Placement as a temporary exchange teacher at a qualified Host School in the United States teaching a minimum of 32 hours a week during the academic school year for up to 3 years.
- Development or review of Teacher Program Offer in cooperation with the Host School ensuring that it meets with program regulations
- DS-2019 to support the application for a J-1 Teacher visa
- Regulatory Compliant Medical and Accident Insurance
- 24-hour support from Spirit’s experienced staff
- Program application processing, screening, and vetting to ensure regulatory compliance
- Skype interviews to screen applicant for qualifications
- Orientation materials on a variety of important topics
- Assistance in identifying and arranging cultural activities
- Monthly Check-Ins with Spirit to ensure successful program
- Mentor assigned at Host School who will provide guidance on settling in, community, professional development support and cultural activities
- Supervisor assigned at Host School who will provide general on-site monitoring
- Travel validation after arrival for DS-2019 form
Included in Spirit’s Independent Placement Option
(Annual Program Fee + Regulatory Compliant Insurance):
Includes all of the above EXCEPT Host School placement. The Host School offer provided to Spirit will be reviewed to ensure regulatory compliance.
Not included in either program option:
- SEVIS or visa application fees, airport transfers, international airfare, domestic transportation in the US, daily public transportation to and from the Host School, housing fees & deposits, spending money and emergency funds.
Other fees may apply. If participants choose to work with a domestic placement agency or Spirit international recruiting partner, they should confirm directly about their additional fees, and what services each fee covers.