The following program fees are due only after a participant signs onto our program terms and accepts an offer from a Host School. Program fees are due in full prior to the release of the DS-2019 form in support of the J-1 Visa. Some Host Schools may cover some program and placement fees as part of their teacher compensation package.
First Year Program Fee: $1990 + $70/month
Annual Renewal Application Fee: $1490 per year + $70/month
Due annually with program renewal paperwork. Maximum of two annual renewals plus 1-2 year additional extension possible with Department of State approval. Renewal and extension applications subject to acceptance by Spirit.
Optional Premium Placement Fee: $1,500
One-time fee for Host School Placement. Fee is waived for participants who identify their own Host School without Spirit assistance.
Included in Spirit’s Premium Placement Option
(First Year Program Fees + Premium Placement Fee + Renewal fees billed annually years 2-5):
Placement as a temporary exchange teacher at a qualified Host School in the United States teaching a minimum of 32 hours a week during the academic school year for up to 3 years. Optional 1-2 year extension possible only upon approval from Spirit and the Department of State.
- Development or review of Teacher Program Offer in cooperation with the Host School ensuring that it meets with program regulations
- DS-2019 to support the application for a J-1 Teacher visa
- Regulatory compliant Medical and Accident Insurance
- 24-hour support from Spirit’s experienced staff
- Program application processing, screening, and vetting to ensure regulatory compliance
- Skype interviews to screen applicant for qualifications
- Orientation materials on a variety of important topics
- Assistance in identifying and arranging cultural activities
- Monthly Check-Ins with Spirit to ensure successful program
- Mentor assigned at Host School who will provide guidance on settling in, community, professional development support and cultural activities
- Supervisor assigned at Host School who will provide general on-site monitoring
- Travel validation after arrival for DS-2019 form
Included in Spirit’s Independent Placement Option
(First Year Program Fees + Renewal fees billed annually years 2-5):
Includes all of the above EXCEPT Host School placement. The Host School offer provided to Spirit will be reviewed to ensure regulatory compliance.
Not included in either program option:
- SEVIS or visa application fees, airport transfers, international airfare, domestic transportation in the US, daily public transportation to and from the Host School, housing fees & deposits, spending money and emergency funds.
Other Spirit fees may apply.
Teacher Program International Partner Fees
Spirit cooperates with a number of international partner offices abroad to help Spirit recruit, screen and provide pre-departure support services to Teacher Program applicants. Applicants may choose to apply directly to Spirit or may apply through one of our vetted international partners listed below for additional support. If participants choose to work with a Spirit vetted international recruiting partner, they should confirm directly with them about what fees are due and when, and what services each fee covers. Fee ranges for vetted partner services are listed below. Contact the respective international office directly for detailed information on fees and what is included prior to accepting any offer or signing any agreements.
||Estimated Partner Service Fees
2023/24 School Year
These fees are in addition to Spirit program pricing. Fees quoted represent mandatory services only. Additional fees may apply based on optional services requested by participant.
|Brave, Bold and Brilliant Student Center
||$540 + optional fees
|CS Intercambio LLC
||$1,400 + optional fees
|Global Educational Exchange Gloex, SRL
||$1,490 + optional fees
|InterLatina Cultural Exchange SRL
||$1,000 + optional fees
|Minga House Foundation
||$1,500 + optional fees. Host schools may cover some or all partner fees.
|Terraventura Colombia Sin Fronteras LTDA
|$800 + optional fees
|$773 + optional fees
||$1000 + optional fees